The Mary Glowrey Museum is located in the Catholic Precinct, the area surrounding St Patrick's Cathedral in East Melbourne that includes places in the adjacent suburb of Fitzroy. It has long had a significant Catholic presence. Dr Mary Glowrey lived and worked at hospitals in this area between 1912 and 1919.
Accessible by public transport (from Parliament Station or by trams), the Precinct includes various Catholic heritage and contemporary sites within a short walking distance.
The Mary Glowrey Museum, situated in Cathedral Hall at 20 Brunswick Street, is on the Melbourne campus of Australian Catholic University (ACU).
ACU welcomes school groups to visit its chapel, on-site cafés and amenities.
You may wish to also visit the St Mary of the Cross MacKillop Chapel, in the Daniel Mannix Building at ACU.
The Mary MacKillop Heritage Centre (group bookings required) is across Victoria Parade, in Albert Street.
St Patrick’s Cathedral is at 1 Cathedral Place, East Melbourne. The year 2022 marks 125 years since the Cathedral was consecrated in 1897.
Australian Catholic University
Mary MacKillop Heritage Centre
St Patrick’s Cathedral
This website is published by Mary Glowrey Heritage Limited (ABN 39 604 292 346) and all rights are reserved. Photographs are from the Mary Glowrey Collection, which is owned by the Catholic Women’s League of Victoria and Wagga Wagga Inc (ABN 18 342 098 335) and are published with their kind permission. All requests to use or reproduce any content on this website or from the Mary Glowrey Collection should be made in the first instance to email@example.com as outlined on our Contact Us page.