The Mary Glowrey Museum is located in the Catholic Precinct, the area surrounding St Patrick's Cathedral in East Melbourne that includes places in the adjacent suburb of Fitzroy. It has long had a significant Catholic presence. Between 1905 and 1919, as a university student and doctor in hospitals and private practice, Dr Mary Glowrey lived and worked in this area.
The Museum has, with Partners, developed a free App to support visitors to the Precinct.
The App includes self-guided Tours, planning resources and commentary.
This App can be downloaded via QR code or the App Store or Google Play (search for Catholic Precinct Walking Tour).
Archbishop Comensoli launched the App on 27 October 2022, following the 1pm Mass for the 125th anniversary of the consecration of the Cathedral.
Accessible by public transport (from Parliament Station or by trams), the Catholic Precinct includes various Catholic heritage and contemporary sites within a short walking distance. The Mary Glowrey Museum, situated in Cathedral Hall at 20 Brunswick Street, is on the Melbourne campus of Australian Catholic University (ACU). ACU welcomes school groups to visit its chapel, on-site cafés and amenities.
The Catholic Precinct Walking Tour App has been developed by the Mary Glowrey Museum (Mary Glowrey Heritage Limited ABN 39 604292346) with Partners, including particular support from Australian Catholic University, the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne and Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools.
This website is published by Mary Glowrey Heritage Limited (ABN 39 604 292 346) and all rights are reserved. Photographs are from the Mary Glowrey Collection, which is owned by the Catholic Women’s League of Victoria and Wagga Wagga Inc (ABN 18 342 098 335) and are published with their kind permission. All requests to use or reproduce any content on this website or from the Mary Glowrey Collection should be made in the first instance to email@example.com as outlined on our Contact Us page.